WHEREAS, the Cumberland County Board of Chosen Freeholders is subject to certain requirements of the Senator Byron M. Baer Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6, et seq.; and
WHEREAS, the Senator Byron M. Baer Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-12, provides that an Executive Session, not open to the public, may be held for certain specified purposes when authorized by Resolution; and
WHEREAS, it is necessary for the Cumberland County Board of Chosen Freeholders to discuss in a session not open to the public certain matters related to the item(s) authorized by N.J.S.A. 10:4-12(b) and designated below:
(1) Matters Required by Law to be Confidential: Any matter which, by express provision of Federal law or State statute or rule of court shall be rendered confidential or excluded from the provisions of the Senator Byron M. Baer Open Public Meetings Act.
(2) Matters Where the Release of Information Would Impair the Right to Receive Funds: Any matter in which the release of information would impair a right to receive funds from the Government of the United States.
(3) Matters Involving Individual Privacy: Any material the disclosure of which constitutes an unwarranted invasion of individual privacy such as any records, data, reports, recommendations, or other personal material of any educational, training, social service, medical, health, custodial, child protection, rehabilitation, legal defense, welfare, housing, relocation, insurance and similar program or institution operated by a public body pertaining to any specific individual admitted to or served by such institution or program, including but not limited to information relative to the individual’s personal and family circumstances, and any material pertaining to admission, discharge, treatment, progress or condition of any individual, unless the individual concerned (or, in the case of a minor or incompetent, his guardian) shall request in writing that the same be disclosed publicly.
(4) Matters Relating to Collective Bargaining Agreements: Any collective bargaining agreement, or the terms and conditions which are proposed for inclusion in any collective bargaining agreement, including the negotiation of the terms and conditions thereof with employees or representatives of employees of the public body.
(5) Matters Relating to the Purchase, Lease or Acquisition of Real Property or the Investment of Public Funds: Any matter involving the purchase, lease or acquisition of real property with public funds, the setting of banking rates or investment of public funds, where it could adversely affect the public interest if discussion of such matters were disclosed.
(6) Matters Relating to Public Safety and Property: Any tactics and techniques utilized in protecting the safety and property of the public, provided that their disclosure could impair such protection. Any investigations of violations or possible violations of the law.
(7) Matters Relating to Litigation, Negotiations and the Attorney-Client Privilege: Any pending or anticipated litigation or contract negotiation in which the public body is, or may become a party. Any matters falling within the attorney-client privilege, to the extent that confidentiality is required in order for the attorney to exercise his ethical duties as a lawyer.
(8) Matters Relating to the Employment Relationship: Any matter involving the employment, appointment, termination of employment, terms and conditions of employment, evaluation of the performance of, promotion or disciplining of any specific prospective public officer or employee or current public officer or employee employed or appointed by the public body, unless all the individual employees or appointees whose rights could be adversely affected request in writing that such matter or matters be discussed at a public meeting.
(9) Matters Relating to the Potential Imposition of a Penalty: Any deliberations of a public body occurring after a public hearing that may result in the imposition of a specific civil penalty upon the responding party or the suspension or loss of a license or permit belonging to the responding party as a result of an act or omission for which the responding party bears responsibility.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF CHOSEN FREEHOLDERS OF THE COUNTY OF CUMBERLAND, assembled in public session on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, that an Executive Session closed to the public shall be held on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, at 6:00 p.m. at the Cumberland County Administration Building, 164 West Broad Street, Bridgeton, New Jersey, for the discussion of matters related to the specific items designated above.
It is anticipated that the deliberations conducted in closed session may be disclosed to the public upon the determination of this Board that the public interest will no longer be served by such confidentiality.
Passed and adopted at a special meeting of the Board of Chosen Freeholders held at the Cumberland County Administration Building, 164 West Broad Street in Bridgeton, New Jersey on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 6:00 p.m., prevailing time.